Tuesday 26 November 2013

HOW TO: Minimise your make-up use.

I personally hate what liquid foundation and concealer does to my skin. I don't like the way it feels and I believe that it starts a vicious cycle of foundation dependancy and bad skin. That being said, I don't walk around completely naked either. Over the years I've developed a system of applying just a few products to enhance my natural look & save my skin some stress. I am going to share this process with you right now! It will save you time, money and it will give your skin the much needed chance to breathe and heal. If you do this for 2 weeks I guarantee that you will notice an improvement in blemishes and skin tone. Make sure to drink plenty of water too. This is vital, hydrated skin glows from the inside out.

Step 1: Cleanse- wash your face with a natural cleanser (or your preferred brand) I prefer Surkin Organic Cleanser $9.95 from Priceline.

Step 2: Moisturise- Apply your preferred moisturiser.

Using these 6 products or similar you will transform your face.

Step 3: Apply a pressed powder with a brush, I use Australis Fresh & Flawless pressed powder in darkest brown $10.95 Priceline. Lightly brush the powder onto your face and neck. If you have a blemish apply some cleanser in a dabbing motion and then lightly pat the brush onto it to cover and heal at the same time.

*You can also use a mineral powder or translucent powder. Technically it is a form of foundation but its much less damaging to the skin as most foundation contains a lot of oils that block the pores and cause blemishes.

Step 4: Apply your preferred Mascara (2 coats)

*When I can afford it I generally get cudo deals on eyelash extensions at cudo.com.au but at the moment I'm using a new mascara I got from Mecca Cosmetica $36 Stilla Major Major Lash & Australis eyelash extender $14 priceline. I apply the extender first, allow that to dry and then I apply the Major Major Lash.

Step 5:  This step is optional but if like me you're eyebrows are mostly blonde, applying a mineral eye brow pencil lightly can define the shape and frame your face. The idea is to make it look as natural as possible, I use feather light strokes in the direction of the hair growth, mimicking the look of the hair.

Step 6: Apply Bronzer lightly across the apples of your cheeks and lightly frame the face and around your jaw line. Remember, less is more.

Step 7: This once again is optional, but I find that a good shade of lipstick really brightens up my face.
My favourite at the moment is a $5 Rimmel lipstick that I picked up at Priceline.

BEFORE



AFTER (NUDE LIPS)



AFTER (LIPSTICK)



Photos of myself have not been edited and were taken on my iphone 5 The first photo is without a stitch of makeup and I have only applied the products photographed and described in the step by step.

I'd love to see some selfies of you all sans foundation and concealer, feel free to post in the comment section below.

Thank you for reading, Peace & Love to you all.

xox



No comments:

Post a Comment